That Darned Airship

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

That Darned Airship

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:25 pm

I really hate this zone. It's been driving me crazy since it went in. This isn't a complaining post, however.

I just wanted to say how ingenious I think this zone is. It's so well designed for the people who enjoy doing quests that it's highly addictive. The quests are brilliant, too. The descriptions are all well written, the stories behind the quests are intriguing and logical, and the potential for instant gratification is a narcotic. This is the first zone I've seen in Soj so far that you can do, then redo, then do again, all in the same boot, and STILL not walk away with everything the zone has to offer.

Kudos to Savras, great job, and thank you so much for a completely different kind of Soj experience.
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Sun Oct 13, 2002 7:02 pm

I still say he's up there, getting off on watching us scrambling all over the blasted zone trying to find those elusive items :P

Damned sadistic gods
Savras
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Savras » Sun Oct 13, 2002 11:53 pm

Don't say sucking up never got ya anything:

To get to the secret vampire bunny level, type up+down+up+down+left+select+start

Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:39 am

The sad thing is, I fear Savras really *does* have a "Secret Vampire Bunny Level" on that accursed ship!!

-Tre'Verien
oteb
Sojourner

Postby oteb » Mon Oct 14, 2002 1:31 am

As one of a bunch airship addicts i gotta agree with all of the above. I spent somthing close to 5 playing days in the zone racing Ashiwi among other to quests and i enjoyed it alot. Not that there were no moments that i was totally pissed but something made me return to the zone every time. Bah i even have airship mobs at trophy. Still feeling as a newcomer to ship.
Great zone.

Oteb 'What are those mehir about' Shades of Twilight

------------------
Moritheil is dead! R.I.P
Your receive back exp you lost in his groups!
You raise a level!
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Mon Oct 14, 2002 5:55 am

Yeah, I can attest to Oteb's addiction. The airship really did look fun, but - well, I hate glance bashing all the time Image sorry.

------------------
The wardens of the cage disallow all commands except say, petition, project and help
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Mon Oct 14, 2002 5:59 am

Ooops, one more thing. Airship really is a great zone, and I think the premise behind it should be incorporated into ALL the zones on sojourn, new and old alike. Imagine if jot did not load with ALL the eq it does now every boot, but perhaps randomly each boot loaded with 1/4th or 1/3rd that equipment. Would we still do jot? I think the answer is yes, and if we had a small % chance of rares, we would do jot often. Would groups do the zone over and over? Probably. Who cares? Would you rather 1/5th the playerbase play other games until a reboot?

I would rather have people here all the time, even if they were doing the same zones over and over. EQ is already pretty much a joke, and anything that loads on boot has only a matter of time until it becomes bagged gear. Quests and rareloads are where the big dogs play, and ultimately, this does only good things for the rest of the playerbase.

I really hate boredom, and I hate even more seeing good players not play because they are bored here.

------------------
The wardens of the cage disallow all commands except say, petition, project and help
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:10 am

Im still bashing myself repeatedly in the head over giving away my spicebox Image
Gerad

------------------
Auril tells you 'Yes, we're plotting the destruction of all that is holy - and unholy, too. Just to be thorough.'
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:23 am

Good players that don't play because they are bored, are not good players.

There are DOZENS of quests that haven't been solved. Go ask Dartan about some for new zones he's working on. Also, most of the level 50's can't walk from the Bati'ri village to the Balor in UM2 and then to the graveyard of Bloodstone because they actually haven't a clue where a lot of zones are.

Point is, there is _always_ something to do. If you log off because you're bored, maybe you should try leading something.
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Mon Oct 14, 2002 1:27 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cherzra:
<B>Also, most of the level 50's can't walk from the Bati'ri village to the Balor in UM2 and then to the graveyard of Bloodstone because they actually haven't a clue where a lot of zones are.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow Cherzra knows where Bloodstone Cemetary is, that makes what 9 of us on the entire MUD? I was playing around in there the other day getting aged like 60 years, and found an item that did some funky stuff. Started asked some level 50 characters if they knew anything about it, and a good chunk of them had the response of "Bloodstone has a cemetary?" And the other half hadn't been there. Only found 1 person on at that time that had been there, and none of them had seen the item before heh.

Oh so as to not totally hijack this thread, I'd like to say that I have been to Airship a couple of times, and although I was just following and had little chance to explore because we were moving so fast, what I did see was pretty cool, and I like how you sometimes have to do something 20 times in order to get a little tidbit for some obscure quest all contained within the confines of the ship. Very cool design, quite original zone in many respects. Good job Savras.

------------------
Ruld Ragingbear

[This message has been edited by Dlur (edited 10-14-2002).]
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:21 pm

I have explored in bloodstone! It's fun! When my troll gets a bit safer I plan on going back . . . I can't wait to try soloing bloodstone stuff with regen *cackles evilishly*

------------------
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:52 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dlur:
<B> Wow Cherzra knows where Bloodstone Cemetary is, that makes what 9 of us on the entire MUD? I was playing around in there the other day getting aged like 60 years, and found an item that did some funky stuff. Started asked some level 50 characters if they knew anything about it, and a good chunk of them had the response of "Bloodstone has a cemetary?" And the other half hadn't been there. Only found 1 person on at that time that had been there, and none of them had seen the item before heh.

I been there! BS is still my favorite hometown.

------------------
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:48 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dlur:
<B> Wow Cherzra knows where Bloodstone Cemetary is, that makes what 9 of us on the entire MUD?

I still can't get past a certain @#$% door. If you've ever been to it you'll know what I mean Image

And Savras, darn you! I thought that satchel was a new tinkerbag style item Image

------------------
Daz group-says 'rofl, moritheil is the mcdonald's of death'
Savras
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Savras » Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:04 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moritheil:
<B> I still can't get past a certain @#$% door. If you've ever been to it you'll know what I mean Image

And Savras, darn you! I thought that satchel was a new tinkerbag style item Image

Your close Image Don't know what I mean? Find out!

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”