Areas/Quests which need fixing

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Shargaas
Staff Member - Areas

Areas/Quests which need fixing

Postby Shargaas » Sun Sep 29, 2002 6:42 pm

Judging from common problems I have heard, there are a few zones which need to be looked at by an areas person.

Common ones include:
Darkhold (I'll look into this zone sometime)
Bloodstone quests
Hyssk quests
Undermountain (UM2 should be in good shape, not quite clear on the concerns)
Newbie zone
any others?

We have updated a number of zones already and players can expect more in the future, what have you people liked and disliked about the face lifts to zones such as gith, fireplane, cave city?
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sun Sep 29, 2002 6:56 pm

Myth Unnohyr (no, not Myth Drannor).

------------------
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Bipple
Sojourner

Postby Bipple » Sun Sep 29, 2002 7:05 pm

Myth Drannor (no, not Myth Unnohyr ).
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sun Sep 29, 2002 7:07 pm

I didn't mean Myth Drannor didn't need fixing (pretty sure it does), just that Myth Unnohyr isn't Myth Drannor Image

------------------
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:28 pm

Might help if you stated what was wrong with it, at least in general terms Image

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:33 pm

Well, we explored Myth Unnohyr, and found one fight that was challenging and had a reward. We also found "The entrance to the Vault" or some such named room, with no actual exits further in and no room descriptions listing any kind of switch that might need to be pulled. There really just doesn't seem to be anything there.

------------------
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:34 pm

Cave city changes rocked. Gith changes were pretty cool. Fire plane changes were ok, until I noticed the fiery tattoo. That item is just so unthemey it reeks. I really dislike it. A lot. A tattoo, made of silk, on your eyes, that has gold thread in it. Yeah.

------------------
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:43 pm

Arn'diir needs fixing. In the gallery there's a room with two guards who supposedly guard a door, yet the door isn't there. The door is in the description, but there is no actual exit.

------------------
-Yayaril
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:12 pm

new fire plane ansi was nice.

IMHO Evermeet needs some looking at, particularly Elder Forest.

------------------
< > Shevarash responds to your petition with 'well, that was much better than yesterday! Spank power increasing!'
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:41 pm

My thoughts on the matter.

Undermountain 1 (Doors w/o keys, Durnan talking day in and day out about the mystical weapons, and the ones that exist and are obtainable are junk).

Faerie Forest on Evermeet (Finn's ring, Oberon's Temple/Tomb, the gateway into the evil area)

Waterdeep - This zone, the City of Splendors, is one of the most unsplendorous areas on the mud. Very little ansi, annoying as hell little mobs (salesmen, town fools, simpering peasants). Could really use a major overhaul to actually look like it deserves to be the center of the goodie community. Some quests put in here would be awesome.

On the older cities/zones makeover kick, there's a lot of areas that could use a creative flair, colouring added to them. Most of evermeet to be honest - the regions in northern Evermeet are extensive, and so utterly barren that most people don't care about the Valley of Tournaments, or the old barbarian kings quest room :P

Sylvos Winteraven
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:08 pm

Seers... The way in where those drow are needs to be a trifle more obvious. As far as I know, no PC group has ever been in there.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:21 pm

imho change the ansi to the air plane. the mobs Malar used in the IC FNAT where Yan-C-Bin invaded is a good way to go. Griffon's Nest Kralgar, Kri'it quests aren't complete (there is a warning after step 8 i think)and I think there was suppose to be a follow-up quest for the Dragon Cult quest. The end mob tells you how to find him and that he needs your help against a certain group.

------------------

[Erevan] Our elite team of gods will be watching for equip campers.... beware...
Erevan OOC: 'One god is specifically assigned to Dartan :P'
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:22 pm

The Myconid remort quest needs to be fixed.

------------------
Nokie 'No you don't!! That belongs to me!' Quickfingers
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:39 pm

Nokie needs to be fixed.

------------------
You fire a black-shafted elven arrow to the east at Gormal's pet goat with masterful shooting that does lethal damage!
You receive your share of experience.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:34 am

To continue Sylvos's references to EM.

Elder queen, Farmer, Wild elves/Dravin are all broken. I don't know about the prisoner on the way to undead church, I've never gotten him to say anything.

Change the aggro mobs (mainly in Sylvan Glades) to 'animal' so the forrestals and protectors dont assist gibberlings ankhegs etc, against players.

The White dragon in Glades needs to be evil. Always bugged me that the most aggressive vicious dragon was good aligned. Though I also wonder why it is a white dragon, since they live in frigid climates, and EM isn't (shouldn't be). Perhaps it was supposed to be a Silver or Copper dragon.

Bandor (and possibly Norah) shouldn't be -prestige. An elf being able to solo Bandor (at least at wipe) was a major accomplishment. I has a staple piece of lowbie eq, and for someone who can't leave the island, makes for a good xp mob. I am sure the prestige thing has to do with people killing him for the flagon. Big deal. All kinds of mobs get killed for eq every boot.( It is total assumption that Bandor is -pres, I haven't killed him in over a year, but I have been told he is -pres.)

Give roots some item that makes it worthwhile for a mage to go there. As it stands now, mages go because they have to. With the change to the belt, there is no reason a mage that is useful to the zone should go do the zone.

I'm sure I will think of other EM stuff later.

------------------
emote Rescuepractice
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Mon Sep 30, 2002 12:56 pm

woot yes hyssk, quests, rooms you cant get to unless teleport (small zonelet is blocked off unless you do), yaya

------------------
MoM-D
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Sep 30, 2002 4:08 pm

To tack onto the Evermeet skein...

Faerie forest quests are broken, and this zone needs a serious color upgrade. It's a faerie region, and faerie forest is bland as can be.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:41 pm

Evermeet!!! Seeing a trend here? I'd even love to finally get that farmer something sweet... And what's with the blind bugbear who will quest anything you hand him for information about Zhalatrax?

BGR - now that they look like they're actually starting to work... any chance of actually making the rewards fit the work? Having to go to the very depths of UM2 for the item that netted made me laugh for about an hour and a half. The item I gave up was better by far than the one I gained. Although most of the items to get for the quests aren't hard, some of them should be balanced a bit.

Is there some kind of monolith out in the middle of the ocean? If not, then why does the town crier holler about it?

What about the funny notes you can find all over the game, it seems, but they never seem to lead anywhere because the quest was removed?
Sizzraxxil
Sojourner

Postby Sizzraxxil » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:13 pm

I think some Hyssk quests need to be looked at, specially for the rewards vs. difficulty for some. Same goes for some Calimport quests.. kinda kills the joy of doing the quest when you get an item that either a. looks pretty plain or b. the stats are crap and can easily get better stuff with WAY less difficulty.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:47 pm

I had some (not all) of the Hyssk quests fixed, after noticing some items not loading. Not saying which. Find out for yourself. Image
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:48 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Treladian:
<B>Nokie needs to be fixed.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nokie's been fixed, but he wants to reproduce anyway, and he thinks if he remorts as a fungus he'll be able to bud.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:54 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malar:
<B>I had some (not all) of the Hyssk quests fixed, after noticing some items not loading. Not saying which. Find out for yourself. Image

funny part is, one of my friends asked about a broken hyssk quest, and was told everything in hyssk works :P

------------------
MoM-D
Thrand
Sojourner

Postby Thrand » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:59 pm

I have heard many immortals say there are tons of quests noone has found, I believe you.
I also believe that the reason these tons of quest havent been found is that they are broken or so obtuse they are in effect broken.

So in that vein:

If there is a quest in the ud derro temple it is broken.

If the good raced mobs in the ud derro pit are quest mobs, they are broken.
If the necromancer in the derro pit is a quest mob he is broken.

If the derro mine forman in the ud stem tunnel is a quest mob hes is broken, if the derro priestess in the stem tunnel is a quest mob it is broken.

If there is any quest in fgv besides that silly map quest then it is broken.

The tree quest on bgr road is broken.

the quest that starts with that man looking for his kidnaped child by 3 men. this mob loads in the neutral cities, well i say it is broken.

the lithe man who u quest for a scrap of paper that seems to want to be given to some mob in md, i say this is broken.

Speaking of md, the portal in the phaerim(sp)
tower i say is broken. I know some god has said it wasnt broken, but ive also been in md at another portal that some god swore was working untill that god came down and actually tried to use it.

Also in md there are lots of mobs u would think are quest mobs but dont seem to respond to much of anything, i know the tea and sleeves quests, if there is another, for example the fabled crown of stars it is broken or obtuse beyond words.

I say the skulls in darkhold are broken.

And yaril(sp) the room in anduil or how ever u spell it isnt broken.

Thanks for your time and help

Nula/ezza

------------------
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:20 pm

I dont know much about the other areas thrand listed, but he certainly is right when it comes to MD. Lots of stuff needs fixing there. And if it isn't actually broken, then a lot of the stuff is too vague for anyone to figure out, and lord knows we have tried...

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Shargaas
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Shargaas » Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:32 am

The rooms and exits of Arnd'ir and Myth Unnohyr are working as designed.

Zonelet near hyssk, flagged to be 'fixed' soon

MD, I'll let that area maker respond

-EM noted, I remember searching 100x in the room with big gates near Anna's with a little elf
-Seers noted.
-UM1 noted.
-Monolith in the middle of the ocean, its glorious
-Thrand's post noted

Quest rewards item stats, do not expect changes although we occasional do modify items

note to self:
WD and Air plane suggested for make-overs
Shargaas
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Shargaas » Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:30 am

After some digging...

I checked into everything noted in my above post except for EM (this weekend maybe) and found everything to be working as designed except for a few problems in UM1 and Darkhold.

From a short conversation with a person who took a long look at UM1/2 last year it appears that some of the broken/missing items were planned for UM3/4/+ but I'll still take a quick look and see if any easy fixes are warranted.

translation: yayril the room in arndir isnt broken
took me a few reads to figure that one out
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:13 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shargaas:
<B>After some digging...

I checked into everything noted in my above post except for EM (this weekend maybe) and found everything to be working as designed except for a few problems in UM1 and Darkhold.

From a short conversation with a person who took a long look at UM1/2 last year it appears that some of the broken/missing items were planned for UM3/4/+ but I'll still take a quick look and see if any easy fixes are warranted.

translation: yayril the room in arndir isnt broken
took me a few reads to figure that one out</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

feh forget which town but think was ardinir, but ive talked w/lots of fokes, looked up stuff online*egasp work* books feh, i think the guy who makes the gold glitter is a joke/broke... for there atleast 3 ingame references to it, and its none of them

hope im wrong ..00..

------------------
MoM-D
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:18 am

The guy in Calimport where you buy lobster from, he says he will pay well for pulp, he pays nothing...

------------------
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:20 am

sell it to him kifle, dont give it to him Image

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:03 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shargaas:
<B>The rooms and exits of Arnd'ir and Myth Unnohyr are working as designed.

At least upgrade the reward from Myth Unnohyr. The mantle is the only reward from there and it utterly sucks compared with the Rhemo cloak. And the fights for the Myth Unnohyr mantle is far tougher than the Rhemoraz cloak in IC..

If the mantle from MU was hit+3 too, then at least the zone would be visisted once a month or so...

------------------
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:37 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Corth:
<B>sell it to him kifle, dont give it to him Image

Bah, selling to a shopkeep? That makes no sense corth!

------------------

Dartan tells you 'i own so hard sometimes it makes me want to cry'
Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Thu Oct 03, 2002 2:22 pm

Kralgar's quest in GN isn't finished. There is a message after step six that says so.
As for Kri'it, I wouldn't know. Up till step four works at least. *mutters something about shijin* Guessing step five does also from items I've seen.
Uhm.. also putting in the new items for Erlan so everyone can finish it. Image
[armaNaraen]
Sojourner

Postby [armaNaraen] » Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:24 pm

EVERMEET

- EF ..

1. where the hell is the king?
2. stones for the goblin chieftain?
3. how about that wizard, that only pops when i dont have the items anymore.. been 6 boots and i stalk the bastard. where is he??
4. I killed a black crab, but he had no shell. if there IS a black crab he should have a shell right? cuz there is only one incarnation of him and is RARE!!!

Faerie Forest...

ALL of them broken??
- Celriya//tomb? you can get the stone, but she doesnt care. > Imagep..
- wand of thunderous rage? intersting item, its got 0/25 charges when you find it.. whats the point of that?

PLEASE fix EM quests. PLEASE.

oOo A black rift in space opens next to you, and a malevolent chacodyn steps out of it grinning. oOo
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:46 pm

I do believe there's a sign in the reaching woods that talks about not going south because that part of the woods isn't done yet. It's quite silly.

------------------
-Yayaril

[This message has been edited by Yayaril (edited 10-03-2002).]
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:10 pm

I coulda sworn king in EM was on the eastern end of the complex, whereas queen was western.. It's been a while tho.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:19 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yayaril:
<B>I do believe there's a sign in the reaching woods that talks about not going south because that part of the woods isn't done yet. It's quite silly.

kinda like how there was a sign north of zk saying there would be a zone soon. soon = 3-5 years Image

------------------
[Erevan] Our elite team of gods will be watching for equip campers.... beware...
Erevan OOC: 'One god is specifically assigned to Dartan :P'
Kiaransalee OOC: 'rangers suck'
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:56 pm

EM stuff

There is no elf king. He was assassinated by a gold elf traitor.

The celriya quest was the faerie goggles(right?) which were taken out.

Thundering Rage does nothing, but it is used for a quest.

The tablets (EF) are either exceedingly obscure or broken (EOoB).
The black crabman is EOoB.

The clue for one of the keys to the Ele Glades tower is wrong. I can explain it if you wanna catch me and ask.

As a Non-EM thing, I would assume it loads correctly, but never found corpse of the knight in Monestary. I 'think' I know where it should be, but have never found it. You might see if the quest items for 'cleric of helm' are loading right.

Oh Shargaas, if you are going through EM and something mentioned as broken doesn't make sense, yell at me if I'm on I'll try to 'splain it.

------------------
emote Rescuepractice

[This message has been edited by Salen (edited 10-03-2002).]
Osheara
Sojourner

Postby Osheara » Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:18 am

hm...alright, here it goes...first posting here, finally, yay!

Just thought I might add a brief lil thing about Leuthilspar. I'm sure you will be looking into it and all, just thought I'd mention, perhaps some ansi? I know elves are all for the greens and such, but this is a city, color would help uplift it so much from the dullness.

The Fine clothing shop...all brown stuff? how fine can that be? We must have SOME taste in clothing, yes?

The restaurant would be nice to open up again, is Gaston an elvish name? cause if I remember my French right...

Are the lost humans an exception to the no-humans-in-leuth thing?

And it's so hard finding an Elvish wine in the Great City of the Elves.

Alright, I am done for now I think, but I hope you look into that a bit more =)

Oshy

[This message has been edited by Osheara (edited 10-03-2002).]
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:50 am

Make the portal in the back of SG go somewhere, it bugs the crap out of me...preferably somewhere cool so the zone is actually done more again...its a pretty decent zone.

------------------

gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:49 am

OMG Yayaril has been pwn3d. Talk to me sometime if you need some more help with Arnd'ir Image

Cyric/Shar - Lemme add the last zone to BGR or something please so I can turn in these items? It's taken over 110 items so far, and it sucks that the last part was never completed.

Kralgar and Drow tavern dude quests have not been completed in Griffon's Nest.

I believe that Cormanthor Woods tree quest is working fine.

Someone needs to release more information about this silly Khanjari quest. 1 quest to get dagger, 1 quest to enchant dagger, now 1 quest to get proc for dagger? Search the world? Unless the proc is vamp (5 hp damage? Image) I'd rather just have etched or GCD, which are cake!

------------------
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:56 am

I'll echo Salen's offer of yammering about an area, although my offer stands for Undermountain Image

Sylvos
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:28 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gnerble:
<B>Someone needs to release more information about this silly Khanjari quest. 1 quest to get dagger, 1 quest to enchant dagger, now 1 quest to get proc for dagger? Search the world? Unless the proc is vamp (5 hp damage? Image) I'd rather just have etched or GCD, which are cake!

Especially since the thing was made uber rare, and the second place you have to enchant it is is uber dangerous....its silly.

------------------

Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:10 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gnerble:
Someone needs to release more information about this silly Khanjari quest. 1 quest to get dagger, 1 quest to enchant dagger, now 1 quest to get proc for dagger? Search the world? Unless the proc is vamp (5 hp damage? Image) I'd rather just have etched or GCD, which are cake!</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THE SLEEPER MUST AWAKEN! I think the enchanted khanjari proc quest involves giant worms and the wierding way!

------------------
Nokie 'No you don't!! That belongs to me!' Quickfingers
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:45 pm

I'd be willing to bet that whoever did Rogath Swamp didn't have a spellchecker Image

Soooo many typoes and general misinformation.

Twinshadow

------------------
Tanji group-says 'Twyl keeps thinkin he rolled a rogue'
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:13 pm

"Monolith in the middle of the ocean, its glorious"

ROFL

------------------
Izarek / Raevithar / Fyzzlroo
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:35 pm

I think its asleep because they are still working on the proc *rofl*

Nilan
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:43 pm

More EM.

Does the 'Turtle Portal' go anywhere (is there really a portal)?

Make it so Ele's/pets can enter elfgates.

Maybe have Oracle in Leuth do something.

------------------
emote Rescuepractice
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:00 am

Yayaril says something under his breath to an enchanted khanjari dagger.

A voice booms through your head screaming "Just five more minutes, mommy!"

------------------
You fire a black-shafted elven arrow to the east at Gormal's pet goat with masterful shooting that does lethal damage!
You receive your share of experience.
Jorus
Sojourner

Postby Jorus » Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:42 am

Shargaas,

Thanks for the thread.

The "king" people are talking about on evermeet isn't leuthilspar royalty, but rather the "elder king" who _appears_ to be supposed to show up in the "Elder Forest" zone to facilitate the completion of some very convoluted newbie quests.

Now, for my contributions:

The Realm's Master (The slower of the two vessels to the moonshae islands) seems to have sunken or dissapeared. This might be worth investigating.

Also, Celiyra (or something like that) in the Faerie Forest on evermeet seems to be in a semi-broken state. An old and easily abusable quest (faerie goggles) was removed from her, but all the rest of her quest clues seem to still be intact. Maybe the goggles quest could be replaced with a suitably humbled item?

I'm not sure of anything else that is broken. I think I just havn't found what I need to find yet.

Regards,
Jorus
Shargaas
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Shargaas » Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:49 am

-i think the guy who makes the gold glitter is a joke/broke... for there atleast 3 ingame references to it, and its none of them.
not sure but sounds like the vault in Hardbuckler which works correctly

-sign in reaching woods, flagged to be fixed (zk one already fixed)
-Monestary stuff, noted (appears broken, will try to find Solonor)
-EM flagged a half dozen or so fixes to be made, verified others

-The White dragon isnt aggr and has a description that says its out of place, just one of those things. (cant change its color or the scales dont make sense and they are used in more than 1 quest I believe)

-GN quests noted
-Celriya noted, not sure quest is meant to be doable
-Black crabman (EF), not sure what you people want him to do
-forrestals assisting gibberlings etc is a code issue

notes to self:
turtle portal/SG portal (maybe some area maker wants to use them)
Rogath swamp needs to be spellchecked
Faerie Forest, Leuthilspar suggested for make-overs

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”