Flee into !ground

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Sarell
Sojourner

Flee into !ground

Postby Sarell » Tue Nov 26, 2002 2:11 pm

seems this wacky elf keeps fleeing into the no ground room and falling to untimely suffering....

I know flee is paniced, and i am a bit silly at times...but i just are not going to flee off the rook of a 4 story building or cliff hehe Image

------------------
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Nov 26, 2002 5:19 pm

I still remember when I flew the entire first Tiamat group... But forgot to fly myself.

Thus I was the first death! Image

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Tue Nov 26, 2002 5:37 pm

"but i just are not going to flee off the rook of a 4 story building or cliff hehe"

Actually, seems you have been :>)
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:12 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
<B>I still remember when I flew the entire first Tiamat group... But forgot to fly myself.

Thus I was the first death! :)

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember that:

Logging everything has it's advantages!

------------------
Nokie 'No you don't!! That belongs to me!' Quickfingers
Shargaas
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Shargaas » Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:01 am

What about Gwark, the old lusty ring. It was set up like that for a reason and I remember dropping in to say hi to the tako demon.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:45 am

If jumping off the cliff is the only way to away from the demon (or particularly fiesty kobold leader) that wants to torture me, then I accept that. But running off it when there is several perfectly good paths and you just wanted to move away from the pestering puny mob is just silly. Perhaps could check put a check in to not flee into !ground, meybe this would be bloaty code shrug.

------------------
Marforp
Sojourner

Postby Marforp » Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:12 pm

Their is a difference between fleeing (translation -> PANIC! Save me! I'm running for my life) and retreat (an organized way to disengage from a monster that is intent on killing someone besides me.

Makes sense to me.

------------------
Marforp / Sasdor
and now the new improved Pofas!!
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:15 am

I agree that fleeing is a tad panic stricken, but it is also the only way to remove oneself from combat in this game. As a level 50 experienced adventurer I am sure some of my foes would be more than happy for me to walk away from a fight with them. However this isn't reality I assure you, I just dont want to flee of cliff when I want to get away from a mob pestering me. They don't seem to take parlay very seriously.. :P

------------------
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:16 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shargaas:
What about Gwark, the old lusty ring. It was set up like that for a reason and I remember dropping in to say hi to the tako demon.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gwark has nothing to do with the old lusty ring, fyi :P It's Jkyl.

Glorishan

------------------
Corth group-says 'when i screw up.. i really screw up'
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Nov 28, 2002 6:01 pm

What if you could intimidate mobs just by your presence? A gnoll is aggro, but i doubt he is dumb enough to attack someone who will obviously kill him with little effort. Maybe something that says to the mob "hey stupid, your going to lose" would rectify this problem.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sat Nov 30, 2002 2:52 pm

Escape for warriors?
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:34 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Disoputlip:
Escape for warriors?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, it shouldn't be an active thing you can do in battle, that doesn't really fit in with what a warrior does. It should be more of a reflexive thing that makes the mob not attack a player in the first place, because they have no chance of winning. And not just for warriors, for everyone.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun Dec 01, 2002 3:09 pm

but nothing would attack me! :P

------------------

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”