Rare loading system/Quests...

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Rokub
Sojourner

Rare loading system/Quests...

Postby Rokub » Sat Nov 23, 2002 7:06 am

Example: Quest monster loads. Many reboots go by and the quest items do not load. Quest monster loads again, it is unquestable.

Can this be fixed? I think if the quest monster is going to keep loading, the items should at least load by the time it loads a freakin 2nd time.... Makes no sense if its going to load and not be questable.

I do believe it has to do with the %'s the quest monster loads and the items load, OR the way sojourn load % works is totally way off concerning this situation.

Thanks,

Rokub

------------------
Malacar says 'And Isma wonders why he is universally hated.'
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:23 pm

I .think. some of the rareload %'s are .somehow. based on the number of that object currently in the game.

Example: When airship came in, stuff loaded like crazy for awhile. Then it slowed to a screeching halt down to what it was supposed to be. I dont know if savris changed the .wld file or not, but that was the best example of it that I have seen.

-Gerad

------------------
Auril tells you 'Yes, we're plotting the destruction of all that is holy - and unholy, too. Just to be thorough.'
Savras
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Savras » Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:38 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gerad:
<B>I .think. some of the rareload %'s are .somehow. based on the number of that object currently in the game.

Example: When airship came in, stuff loaded like crazy for awhile. Then it slowed to a screeching halt down to what it was supposed to be. I dont know if savris changed the .wld file or not, but that was the best example of it that I have seen.

-Gerad

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old thread, but the above was just pure luck.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:56 pm

do you know how many rares that's happened to?

------------------
Shevarash OOC: 'I never thought I'd long for Muma to be on OOC'

[This message has been edited by Dalar (edited 12-12-2002).]
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:24 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dalar:
<B>i'm sorry but that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard gerad. do you know how many rares that's happened to?

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geez, be polite at least. There's a difference between correcting someone ("You're wrong.") and ridiculing them ("That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard"). The former is preferable. Being right doesn't justify being rude.

Nothing personal, just feel it needs to be said.

------------------
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:26 am

yea, i should be nicer to people i don't like on the bbs Image

------------------
Shevarash OOC: 'I never thought I'd long for Muma to be on OOC'

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”